Judgment feels terrible
Most of my clients feel judged. In fact, the first thing many clients comment on during our calls is how great it is to talk about what’s really going on without feeling judged.
Everyday snarky comments from other parents, neighbors, family members keep them on edge because “you know how people are”. They struggle alone in silence rather than have everybody judge them.
We post pretty pictures on Instagram and Facebook and talk about our amazing vacations all the while we are crying our way through the Target aisles buying Doritos and pinot.
We judge others. We judge ourselves. We feel judged by others. The best place to start getting some freedom from judgment is the place where we also have the most control…ourselves. Break your own habit of judging and you’ll care less about what other people think of you.
If caring less about what other people think sound good to you, this episode will help.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why judgment hurts even if the other person never hears what you’re thinking.
- How we accidentally teach our kids to damage their own self esteem.
- Where judgment actually comes from.
- How to stop judging and still hold high standards.
Want more goodness?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
- Want to get more than one word answers when you ask your teens about their day? Download 5 Ways to Get Your Teen to Tell You About Their Day and start having better conversations today.